The Fresno County Incentive Project (FCIP) is the first incentive project to be launched under the California Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Project (CALeVIP). Funded by the California Energy Commission and implemented by the Center for Sustainable Energy, CALeVIP works with local partners to design and implement electric vehicle (EV) charger incentive projects to support the installation of charging infrastructure throughout California.
With funding by the Energy Commission’s Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program, CALeVIP works to remove a major barrier to EV adoption and support the state’s goals to improve air quality, fight climate change, and reduce petroleum use. CALeVIP is currently funded for more than $15 million, with the potential of up to $200 million.
The FCIP promotes easy access to zero-emission vehicle infrastructure by offering rebates for the purchase and installation of eligible Level 2 EV charging stations in Fresno County. Apply here for rebates of $4,000 for single port EV charging stations and $7,000 for dual port EV charging stations.
Eligible FCIP applicants may also qualify for available incentives through the Charge Up! Program. The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District’s Charge Up! Program provides incentives for the purchase of new, publicly accessible, eligible Level 2 EV chargers.
To qualify for a rebate, applications must meet the following project requirements:
- Apply before purchasing or installing eligible EV charging station(s)
- Apply prior to exhaustion of available rebate funds (Rebates are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Be site owner or have site owner authorization to install
- Be a business, non-profit organization or government entity based in California or have a California based affiliate
Installation Site must:
- Be in Fresno county
- Be a commercial, workplace, multi-unit dwelling or public facility
- Be new
- Be on the eligible equipment list OR meet the equipment eligibility criteria
Please read the FCIP Implementation Manual for a full list of project eligibility requirements.
Applicant Steps and Timeline:
As long as funds are available, eligible Fresno County sites can follow a simple process to apply for a FCIP rebate before starting their installation project. Available funding is updated in real time and viewable in the FCIP funding chart at the top of the page.